Friday, June 21, 2019


Got WebQuests?

     One way I provide choice in my classroom is allowing my students to choose topics that they'd like to learn more about.  Having a variety of engaging webquest topics helps inspire students to read and research using targeted keywords. This has proven to be a very useful tool in improving research skills, informational reading skills, and understanding questions.  Students are usually not directed to a specific website to find information. They must use their internet search skills and scan and find relevant information.

    I keep a folder containing about 10 different webquests that students use to make their choice.  I add new topics every week, so they have a variety of choices.  I also ask them what topics they are interested in, and create new webquests based on their opinions.  They really love learning about topics they get to choose!

     To see a variety of topics, check out my webquest bundle below.  Let me know if you have comments or questions about these activities!



No comments:

Post a Comment